Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!

Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!
Click on my picture to go to my Ministry Website! Otherwise, take a look around for Fun Blog Entries about my kiddos!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sunny Day Homeschool

Today was SO nice. It's cold, but really sunny and the birds are out and about again!
The kids and I went out, and were going to take a walk or ride bikes, but somehow we ended up picking up sticks instead. We talked about "Community" and what that means, and how picking up sticks and making our community look nice, was a good thing to do. It not only helps our community, it makes God happy.
THAT"S what I like about homeschooling. THAT'S how I want to do things. Not were someone is keeping track of how many hours (5 a day) I'm doing, and what I'm doing. I thought that was what I needed, but I'm finding that I'm a pretty good teacher WITHOUT that step by step instruction. They learned more by doing that today, about community, than if we had done a paper on community.
SO, next year, we are going to home school on our own. No more Internet school. At least not now. Maybe when they're older. I'm excited about next year already. We've got LOTS of books and cool things for school next year already!!! WOOHOO!