Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!

Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!
Click on my picture to go to my Ministry Website! Otherwise, take a look around for Fun Blog Entries about my kiddos!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Communion

With just having had Easter, and talking about the Crucifixion and what that means to us, it's been on everyone's minds here in our house.
I thought I'd share a few things about that.
For the first time, on Christmas Eve, the Triplets took Communion. Our church believes in 'open communion' in which anyone who has a personal love and relationship with Jesus Christ, and understands that they are taking it to basically thank Him, and remember Him, are welcome to participate. So we talked and talked and talked it over.
The kids did SO well. They were very reverent. I told them that as we went up to get the bread and'wine' that they should say "Thank You" to Jesus. So they did that.
NOW, here comes Easter. We don't have communion every Sunday like some churches might, so I'm not sure if there was another one between Christmas and Maundy Thursday Service or not. However, we once again decided to let the kids do it. Again, they were full of questions, and were telling US what they knew about it all.
Then there was a conversation something like this:

"Dylan, why do we take communion?"
"Because Jesus died for us!"
"Why did He die for us?"
"So we can LIVE!!"

Just so you know, that is not how I worded things with him when I explained it all, but that's what he got from everything, and I'm SO proud of him.
I'll write more on a couple of things about Abbey and Trevor tomorrow, but my eyes are droopy and my head is nodding! Good Night all.............

No comments: