Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!

Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!
Click on my picture to go to my Ministry Website! Otherwise, take a look around for Fun Blog Entries about my kiddos!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

SO much fun!!

We had SO much fun today. Let me tell you, it did not start out that way, nor was it planned!! We had school today (yes, even though it's saturday - we slacked a couple of days this week, so we were making up). After we did a couple of things, I read a book about leaves, and different kinds of leaves, how they grow, why they change color, etc. Then I wasn't feeling to great, and thought maybe it was from the Remicade, and that I just needed fresh air. I told the kids, let's get our jackets on and go for a walk.. We can collect some leaves or something. We went out and it was so nice, and there were some pretty yellow mums, so I went back to get my camera so we could take some nice fall pictures. We walked and picked up leaves and just were having fun. We went to the train tracks and took some pictures. Trevor saw the "country store" across the river and wanted to know if we could go there. I thought, "ok." Well, for those of you who don't know our town, there is a pretty big (not huge, but with 3 five year olds, it is) Bridge going over the river to the other side where the store is. So, I made them walk single file holding each others shirts and I walked on the outside of them and we went on over. We watched the Canal Boat take off (with mules pulling it) we went to the country store, and some ladies we had been talking to asked if they could buy them some ice cream, and then we went through the old mill and saw LOTS of neat things, and even got to make something. It turned into a real learning experience. A regular old field trip!! When we got home, I asked Dave since it was so nice out, if we could , as a family, go to the Farm the next town over and let the kids pick a pumpkin in the pumpkin patch and let them ride the kiddie "cow train" at the farm. To my surprise, he said YES. Oh we had soooo much fun. They had tons of stuff for the kids to do for free. A "hay maze" they crawled through, a "jumpy thing" a big slide with two sides. One side was made entirely out of pvc pipes, and the other was a big black tube-like thing (I think like a water... um....you know, the stuff you put under ground) LOL, the kids had a blast. They went on the cow train, and picked a pumpkin and we ALL went on a hayride. It was the best most beautiful hayride I've ever been on. It was an amazing day. We stopped at KFC on the way home to take it home. We were ALL starving!!! So, we stopped and got some french fries at McDonalds to eat on the way home (we had about 1/2 hr. drive ha ha) We put a blanket on the floor of the living room and had an "indoor picnic." We all pretty much FELL into bed. It was so much fun. SO much.

No comments: