Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!

Welcome to T.A.D.ay in the Life!
Click on my picture to go to my Ministry Website! Otherwise, take a look around for Fun Blog Entries about my kiddos!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yes Jesus Loves Me!


I just have to share this.......you know, most of us grew up knowing the song, "Jesus Loves Me."
However, I admit that the song never did much for me, until just a few days after my beautiful babies were born. I sat alone in the NICU (alone in our corner of the room that is, WITH the babies......dave wasn't there, and the nurses wee busy doing other things)
We had just found out that we would not be able to take the babies home. The parsonage had black mold, in the worst way. It would have possibly been fatal to take our newborn preemies into the home. So, there I sat, rocking Trevor, (all 3lbs 12 oz of him) looking at the IV they had hooked up to a vein in his head!!
I started to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and when I got to the part "little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong." I broke down. I didn't want the nurses to know at the time what was happening. So, I hid my face from the rest of the room. But Trevor and I rocked and I sang, and I prayed, and asked God to hold tight to my babies, and to continue to strengthen them and make them healthier as the days went on. And to help me to be the mom that I needed to be, and to be strong for them, no matter how hard of a time I was having at the time (and believe me, it was NOT pretty.....I think I would have totally lost it had it not been for those beautiful little beings)
Move ahead to 4 1/2 years later............Today, I was helping Trevor in the bathroom. His grown up, potty trained, Big Boy self.....
He was washing his hands, and drying them off, and he just sang out, out of the blue. "OH JESUS LOVES ME! OH JESUS LOVES ME! OH JESUS LOVES ME! THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO."
I don't think anymore needs to be said on this one........................ ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dylan is too cute. isn't he the one that likes to sing on stage with you?!~cystal

Maggie Ann said...

Hello! Just stopped by from Shelley's blog. I've read some of your posts. You've got a special blog and your children are precious.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Awww that is so cute! I got tears in my eyes as I read about you singing to your son as a baby, the "little ones to Him belong..." line.

Thanks so much for you comment on my blog. Things are looking up more today :o)